Joy, my blogging friend from You know how we're an art family , tagged me for Honest Scrap so I thought I'd play along. Here are 10 honest things about me.
1. I fantasize about living out of an Airstream RV and traveling throughout the United States. I want to go to all 50 states and see everything! It's a challenge for me to stay in any one place for any length of time. My poor family! I think it's quite an achievement that I've lived in VT for over 5 years now (although this is my third residence in VT)
2. I enjoy folding laundry almost as much as my mom does (she just came into the room and took all my laundry away to fold-boy did she look happy!)
3. After high school I took off by myself to go to Australia for 6 months. I did a little babysitting, lots of hiking and did some volunteer work on organic farms. When I came back, I missed Australia so much that I wanted to become an Australian citizen and even sent away for the paperwork to become one.
4. I think I love homeschooling even more than my kids do. My favorite part of homeschooling is reading tons of books to the kids, doing science experiments and learning all about the natural world. Oh, and going on lots of field trips!
5. If I was to have another job (other than being a full time homeschooler) I would love to work at a living history museum. I'm thinking Williamsburg, Sturbridge Village or Plimoth Plantation. I want to dress up and pretend to live in another time!
6. I love doing creative projects. My only problem is that I never stick with anything long enough to get really good at any one thing. I'm much more process oriented than product oriented.
7. I'm starting a new blog with a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I feel this will help give me direction and help me to achieve my goals. Right now I'm in the process of coming up with my list.
8. I have a hard time traveling with other people. I want to do exactly what I want to do when I want to do it. I really don't like waiting around for people. Some people might call me impatient! O.k, a lot of people. :)
9. I really enjoy blogging and am very excited when one of my blogging friends has a new post. I love to hear about all the exciting things people are doing and hear about their lives. I would love to meet some of my blogging friends in real life some day!
10. I am a very novice blogger. I wanted to post the picture for Honest Scrap on this post but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'd love to have pictures of books we're reading on the sidebar with links to the books but I can't figure that out either. If you can help me out, let me know!
I would love to read Honest Scraps from these people:
Tara- Periwinkles and Pine
Andrea-Saying Yes 2 Boys
Lisa- Goose and Binky
Lisa- 5 Orange Potatoes
6 hours ago