Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Adirondack walk

Yesterday I took a couple hours for myself and went for a walk by the Sacandaga River. What a beautiful walk! I love this walk because it is an interpretive trail so I get to learn the names of the local flora and fauna as well as enjoying the beauty all around me.
Today is another sunny day and I expect we'll spend it by the lake. My brother-in-law is renting a sunfish so he'll be taking us all out for rides this afternoon. After dinner my older sister and her family are leaving to go back to China. We'll miss them all so much! :(















5 comments:

  1. You have given me a great idea for my afternoon- a walk - by myself!

    Enjoy the rest of your visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture is very beautiful, I can imagine how you was feeling good there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I did not know that type of flower was called water parsnip...learned something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water parsnip is so pretty, reminds me a little of Queen Anne's Lace. How difficult to have your sister in China.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. A walk by yourself is so relaxing AND invigorating at the same time. I try to do it whenver I can! And I love to take photos along the way.
    Have a good one!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete