Saturday, September 5, 2009

Out into the wild (a family nature walk)

This morning we took advantage of the glorious sunshine and went for a walk in the fields behind our house. This is a wetland area and I thought it would be a good time to walk as we've had a solid week of sunshine. Well, it was dry but we had to make our way through grasses as tall as the kids. I felt like Huckleberry Finn or Tom Sawyer! We did get some relief in some areas where a kind soul mowed a path. Anyway, we felt like quite the adventurers!

A little, little hill the kids call Mt. Everest















B was determined to make it down to the brook.













Cotton Candy






















3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I hear there is some really good cotton candy in the Essex area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the family portrait!

    The praying mantis shot is pretty wonderful too. Glad you all got to enjoy some sunshine together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cotton candy...that is hilarious! What a beautiful praying mantis shot and I too love the family portrait on Mt. Everest! I also think your little cuties have the biggest smiles in the blogworld! They always make me smile.

    Lisa :P

    ReplyDelete